Do you have a household 72 hour emergency kit? It's as easy as putting together a plastic tote with the following supplies and keeping it in a shed, garage or near the front door:
1. water (2 litres per person per day).
2. food that won't spoil (energy bars, canned goods).
3. manual can opener.
4. flashlight & batteries.
5. radio that runs on batteries or winds up.
6. first aid kit
7. any special needs medications
8. extra keys to car and house!
9. cash (small bils)
10. emergency plan with in town and out of town contacts and copies of major ID.
Even I can do that!
For more information on Emergency Prep for you and your family visit: